Why you need an ebook…
While in the past I had published only hard-copy versions of my books, I have increasingly included a digital version. It just makes sense.
Ebooks are on the ascendancy are more and more a viable publication option. Every year, their share of the book-reading audience grows. Granted you can’t experience the ebook as a satisfying weight in your hand (unless it’s the weight of the e-reader) nor can you feel the page turning, but the ebook has become a good choice at many levels.
Write Your First Memoir Draft Program
The Write Your First Memoir Draft Program is a self-paced, long-distance program designed to support your writing and maximize your production.
- print and audio presentations,
- a monthly live mastermind group,
- book and MP3 downloads,
- loads of surprise bonuses.
“Our last Mastermind call really helped to focus me. I needed that.”
Invest in your writing; invest in yourself. Register today.
The ebook is a good buy for the reader because
- it is economical (usually costing 10% to 20% of the cost of a hard copy),
- it takes up no extra room to store once the reader has a Kindle, Nook, etc. This makes an ebook easy to tote, and
- it is super easy for the reader to purchase and read immediately.
A Good Product for the Independent Publisher
The ebook is an attractive option for the independent publisher because it…
- is economical to produce and so does not require a big upfront investment.
- it can be published at any length—no need to have to pad a text to justify a bigger cover price.
- It is easy to revise and edit.
- it is easy to distribute via Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Smashwords, etc.
If you do not have an ebook version of your book, you are losing out on both sales and on attracting your audience.
This is a Good Time to Publish an ebook.
Whether your focus is on audience or on the marketplace, consider producing an ebook.
Which of the following describes you as a writer—whether you are an experienced writer or a spanking new one?
- You have a manuscript that is ready for publication. Ought you to publish it as a print book or as an ebook or both?
- You have a book already in print and are wondering if an ebook could help revitalize its sales.
- You want to bring your writing to a new readership, a new audience, which accesses reading more readily through a digital format.
In publishing my Turning Memories Into Memoirs as an ebook, I do not hope to replace my hard copy sales with digital sales , but I do hope to attract readers who may not want to add to their book shelf weight, or spend as much as is necessary for a hard copy or simply want to have a book for easy access. It’s possible that these readers are unavailable as hard-copy buyers. It’s possible that they will want both the hard- copy and the digital copy.
I just know that having a variety of options will make your book available to a larger audience.
Have you wondered how to turn your manuscript into a digital copy?
Call us today!
I’d love to speak with you about how The Memoir Network team can help you convert your manuscript into e-reader formats.
Call 207-353-5454, M-F, 9-5 ET, or email us to set up a complimentary consultation. Suggest three dates and times that work for you and we will confirm one.