Memoir Editing Fee
Our fee is $95/hour for manuscript editing, coaching, ghostwriting, and telephone consultations for professional memoirs.
There is no charge (editing fee) for the two introductory consultations by phone. The first of the two complimentary consultations is with Denis Ledoux who will—if you choose to continue—then point you to a specific memoir professional best suited to your needs. You will then have a second complimentary consultation with this professional.
After the complimentary consultations, you proceed to a trial three-hour billable package before moving on to a regular relationship with your editor/coach/ghostwriter.
The Develop Vivid Characters Program
- Are the characters in your memoir captivating your readers—rather than boring them?
- Are you at a loss—“Help! What can I do!”—about how to make the people in your memoir more relatable?
- Are you embarrassed by the “stick” characters you have presented? “She really was a complex person, but I don’t know how to show her that way.”
How you pay is your choice. You can pre-pay by check or PayPal or you can leave a credit card number on file.
How long does it take to create a manuscript?
The time required to produce a manuscript is hard—perhaps impossible—to predict. An memoir professional may move quickly through one excerpt submission of a book manuscript and then have to plod through another submission from the same memoir manuscript.
Why is this so?
- Sometimes a writer has sent in a story he has told many times and the writing is already honed.
- On the negative side, perhaps a writer has sent in a piece of writing too early in the process and the editor is working with copy that really needed reworking before submission.
- Or, the reason can be something else entirely.
That’s why we cannot promise you we can read a fixed number of pages per hour but we can promise you that we will work appropriately to deliver you the quality memoir you have a right to receive from us.
Are you ready to work with a memoir professional?
Ask for an initial complimentary session to assess your needs and the suitability of The Memoir Network to help you succeed. All initial complimentary sessions are with Denis Ledoux. You will then be assigned to a second complimentary session with a specific team member.
We offer a billable introductory package—try us with a three-hour commitment. That’s it: three hours! If we’re a fit, you ask us for more time. If we’re not a fit, we go our separate ways. Our trial package is $285.
Take the next step & call us today!
207-353-5454, M-F, 9-5 ET or email us to set up an appointment. Suggest three dates and times that work for you and we will confirm one.