Help to Write Your Best Memoir
Mentoring for the next — and every — step of your writing journey
Praise for Denis Ledoux:
You have the heart of a teacher, not just an editor, and I have become a much better writer because of your attention. A commercial publishing professional who subsequently reviewed the manuscript told me that the writing was good and engaging. I have you to thank for that. You were very helpful.—Denise Swasty
Click on the blue links below to find what you need to facilitate writing your memoir.
- Coaching—When you need to develop fundamental writing skills and techniques. There is much to learn, and much help is available. Don’t spin your wheels. Ask for help.
- Editing—When you want to tighten and polish your memoir before sending it out into the world. Sometimes this is called developmental editing. Let us help you to write your best memoir.
- Ghostwriting—When you need a professional writer to help you create your memoir. We can all be authors but we are not all writers. Let us be your writer. We’re good at story writing.
- Proofreading—When you want to be sure there are no technical mistakes littering your memoir. Every story needs proofreading.
- Book Production—When you want to self-published and want your hard-copy book to look professional, as if it came from one of the big publishing houses. We also create e-books.
- Courses—When you want to learn at home on your own at your pace.
- My Memoir Education—When you want to learn a much as you can from a free membership before asking for more help to write your best memoir.
- Writer’s Blog—Over 500 posts to guide and encourage you to write more and better. (Some posts available below.)
- Memoir Store—Perhaps you just want to buy materials to help you proceed on your own.
- How to Become A Memoir Writing Professional—When you want to prepare yourself as best you can to do memoir work in your community. Lead workshops, coach, edit. You can be complete your training sooner than you think to earn an income as a memoir professional.
- Memoir Professional Blog contains hundreds of posts on launching and thriving as a Memoir Professional
The answer to your question is necessarily an individual one. It might be coaching, editing, ghostwriting, proofreading or book production. Any reputable company will offer a free consultation to help you define the options and select one the best for you.
This is a frequent challenge for new writers. Coaching will get you to explore possible topics. Writing your best memoir is a big commitment and you ought to be focused on something important to you. You need to take the time it takes to discover your topic.
Editing is then probably your best choice. A developmental editor will both advise you on how to strengthen you manuscript if that is needed and will show you how. A content editor can help you polish your existing prose. A copy editor / proofreader will prepare your final draft for publication.
A ghostwriter can help you to create a manuscript that is told in your voice and reflects your personality. You be the author: let us be the writer.
The waiting list for the Inspired Memoir Writer group coaching is now open. A new group will begin as soon as a quorum is reached.
At every session, every writer will collaborate to support you to complete a solid first draft of your memoir. Go for quality!
Spaces are limited. Register now. $50 holds your place.
We have worked as the publication desk for many writers who only want help to get their book published under their own imprint. We’ll work with you to produce a great looking book.