Help to Write Your Memoir
Mentoring for the next — and every — step of your writing journey
Praise for Denis Ledoux:
You have the heart of a teacher, not just an editor, and I have become a much better writer because of your attention. A commercial publishing professional who subsequently reviewed the manuscript told me that the writing was good and engaging. I have you to thank for that. You were very helpful.—Denise Swasty
Click on the blue links below to learn how you can get a helping hand to facilitate your memoir writing:
- Coaching—When you need to develop fundamental writing skills and techniques. There is much to learn, and much help is available. Don’t spin your wheels. Ask for help.
- Editing—When you want to tighten and polish your memoir before sending it out into the world. Sometimes this is called developmental editing. We can get your memoir to be the best it can be.
- Ghostwriting—When you need a professional writer to help you create your memoir. We can all be authors but we are not all writers. Let us be your writer. We’re good at story writing.
- Proofreading—When you want to be sure there are no technical mistakes littering your memoir. Every story needs proofreading.
- Book Production—When you want to self-published and want your book to look professional, as if it came from one of the big publishing houses.
- Courses—When you want to learn at home on your own at your pace.
- My Memoir Education—When you want to learn a much as you can from a free membership before asking for more help to write your best memoir.
- How to Become A Memoir Writing Professional—When you want to prepare yourself as best you can to do memoir work in your community. Lead workshops, coach, edit. You can be complete your training sooner than you think to earn an income as a memoir professional.
The answer to your question is necessarily an individual one. It might be coaching, editing, ghostwriting, proofreading or book production. Any reputable company will offer a free consultation to help you define the options and select the best one for you.
This is a frequent challenge for new writers. Coaching will get you to explore possible topics. Writing memoir is a big commitment and ought to be focused on something important to you. You need to take the time it takes to discover your topic.
Editing is then probably your best choice. A developmental editor will both advise you on how to strengthen you manuscript if that is needed and will show you how. A content editor can help you polish your existing prose. A copy editor / proofreader will prepare your final draft for publication.
A ghostwriter can help you to create a manuscript that is told in your voice and reflects your personality. You be the author: let us be the writer.