I have been a teacher all my life. My master’s degree is in education.
Besides working with hundreds—perhaps even thousands—of memoir writers over the years, I have also been an active writer who has grappled with every aspect of memoir writing.
The Memorable Story / Write Your First Memoir Draft Program provides training in all areas of memoir writing. In designing this program, my team and I were committed to creating training that addressed the fundamentals of memoir writing for the novice writer and had value to the person who has written a lot but has not written memoir.
I believe we have maintained a balance between not being overwhelming and being thorough.
The Memorable Story / Write Your First Memoir Draft
The Memorable Story / Write Your First Memoir Draft is a self-paced, long-distance writing program designed to teach you what you must know and do to create a meaningful and insightful memoir—a truly Memorable Story!
- 11 comprehensive print and audio instructional modules, full of actionable steps.
- 11 finely tune affirmations to counter any limiting beliefs and boost your self-confidence
- a generous library of e-books and MP3 downloads that augment the program.
On sale with a generous $100.00 discount: Was $199 — now only $99!
Invest in your story; invest in yourself. Register today. Was $199
- now $99.
As the lead educator and writer in The Memoir Network, I want you to know me better by exploring significant excerpts of the books I have written:
- We Were Not Spoiled / A Franco-American Memoir is my mother’s story which we collaborated on. She subsequently sold it from her room at the assisted living facility where she lived. For free excerpts, click here. To buy a hard copy or ebook, click here. I feel so grateful to have this story now that she is deceased.
- A Sugary Frosting / A Memoir of A Girlhood Spent in a Parsonage is the story of my deceased wife’s youth. She had written some stories, and I finished the book using them, her journals and my reminiscences. Writing this book was part of my grieving process. For free excerpts. click here. To buy a hard copy or ebook, click here. This book was hard to write because it brought Martha back into my life, and at the same time, reminded me that she was not in my life physically. I am so pleased to have her memory in writing.
I am also the author of Turning Memories Into Memoir / A Handbook for Writing Lifestories. It is an A-to-Z overview of memoir writing and has sold over 35,000 copies in paper back and thousands more copies in e-versions. A copy of the e-book is available with enrollment in the course. To purchase a copy, click here.
More details of my life are available here.
Return to the home page of The Memorable Story / Write Your First Memoir Draft.