I have been a teacher all my life. My master’s degree is in education.
Besides working with hundreds—perhaps even thousands—of memoir writers over the years, I have also been an active writer who has grappled with every aspect of memoir writing.
The Memorable Story / Write Your First Memoir Draft Program provides training in all areas of memoir writing. In designing this program, my team and I were committed to creating training that addressed the fundamentals of memoir writing for the novice writer and had value to the person who has written a lot but has not written memoir.
The Memoir Writing Series
Wish you had just-in-time learning? You’ve got it here.
This is where Memoir Network Writing Book Series will be so useful to you—especially if:
- You don’t want an A-to-Z book on memoir writing.
- You are not looking for an encyclopedic treatment of writing.
- You are looking for a specific solution to a specific problem
50% off. Now only $15!
until October 10, 2023
I believe we have maintained a balance between not being overwhelming and being thorough.
As the lead educator and writer in The Memoir Network, I want you to know me better by exploring significant excerpts of the books I have written:
- We Were Not Spoiled / A Franco-American Memoir is my mother’s story which we collaborated on. She subsequently sold it from her room at the assisted living facility where she lived. For free excerpts, click here. To buy a hard copy or ebook, click here. I feel so grateful to have this story now that she is deceased.
- A Sugary Frosting / A Memoir of A Girlhood Spent in a Parsonage is the story of my deceased wife’s youth. She had written some stories, and I finished the book using them, her journals and my reminiscences. Writing this book was part of my grieving process. For free excerpts. click here. To buy a hard copy or ebook, click here. This book was hard to write because it brought Martha back into my life, and at the same time, reminded me that she was not in my life physically. I am so pleased to have her memory in writing.
I am also the author of Turning Memories Into Memoir / A Handbook for Writing Lifestories. It is an A-to-Z overview of memoir writing and has sold over 35,000 copies in paper back and thousands more copies in e-versions. A copy of the e-book is available with enrollment in the course. To purchase a copy, click here.
More details about me are available here.
Return to the home page of The Memorable Story / Write Your First Memoir Draft.