The Write Your First Memoir Draft Program is currently closed. We will be conducting a new recruitment in September 2018.
Meanwhile, review our program information and place your name on the waiting list by sending an email to the office. We look forward to having you be part of the Write Your First Memoir Draft Program in September. We can help you write your memoir.
Dreaming doesn’t get your memoir written.
Get support to write!
Perhaps you are, or you were, a nurse or a businessman or a housewife, whatever—and you’ve felt a stirring within—or perhaps it’s more of an avalanche—to write about something in your life, about some aspect that was perhaps unique or something that you handled well and would like to share with someone—even with the world.
You can write your memoir!
Thousands of people—just like you—have stood where you now stand and have wondered if they could write a memoir that would be interesting and meaningful, that would pull the reader through to the end and provide a glimpse of a life well lived—or at least well redeemed.
Writing a memoir won’t always be easy but you can learn to navigate the ups and the downs successfully. You can learn to write an interesting and meaningful memoir to be proud of—and I’m here also to tell you that you don’t have to do it alone.
I’ve written many memoirs—both for myself or for others. I’ve helped many people, people just like you, and I’ve now designed a self-paced writing program to help you succeed. It’s called Write Your First Memoir Draft Program, and you can send an email to the office today to reserve your spot in this proven program.
You’ve been successful at other challenges.
I’m sure you’ve decided at one point to undertake something that challenged you—or even frightened you. Perhaps it was enrolling in a dance class. You and your partner registered, but felt that the reality was you couldn’t do it, that perhaps you could not learn to dance.
You dragged yourself to the first class and you and your partner stood—a bit apprehensive—in the hallway leading to the classroom. Perhaps you were a bit late. Music was already playing from within. Hesitant to enter the dance studio, you looked at each other for support. Then you opened the door.
You could see there was not, at that moment, a Fred Astaire among the dancers—as you had feared. They were all beginners. You thought, “Everyone has to begin as a beginner. Everyone starts out without much skill. We can do this.”
In the same way, every memoir writer begins as a beginner.
Every accomplished writer was once a beginning writer.
You can succeed at writing a memoir. Join us in this rewarding adventure of Writing Your First Memoir Draft Program and get over being a beginner
Place our name on the waiting list today. Send an email to the office right now to join us in September.
Be a memoir writer!
Denis and The Memoir Network Team
The Write Your First Memoir Draft Program will
- relax your doubts about writing. Stop approaching creating a memoir as an overwhelming task. (Orientation Module)
- make conscious the inner blocks that are slowing you down and work through them. (Module 1)
- learn which pre-writing tasks are the most effective and what prep work is not to be put off. (Module 2)
- make sense of the multitude of information you have gathered for your memoir. And then confidently start to write! (Module 3)
- recognize and manipulate the first two of the four building blocks of a memoir narrative. These are fundamental to generating an interesting memoir. (Module 4)
- recognize and manipulate the next two of the four building blocks of a memoir narrative. These are fundamental to generating an interesting memoir. (Module 5)
- practice memoir-writing “best practices.” (Module 6)
- work your way through muddle facts, impressions, false memories, and what you wish were true. (Module 7)
- work with painful memories so you can write about them. There are strategies to explore painful times without to re-traumatizing yourself. (Module 8)
- see writer’s block for what it is: a cop out. (Module 9)
- recognize the end of the first draft stage and get ready for polishing your story. (Module 10)
One day, writing techniques that were awkward at first for you to learn will have led to interesting vignettes and insights, and…
These vignettes and insights have culminated in stories and ultimately in what reads like a real memoir.
The Write Your First Memoir Draft Program contains:
- Instructional Modules (11). Instruction is presented in both audio and print formats. (See content outline.) Download the modules and learn to write at your pace in the format you prefer.
- Action Steps. Numerous hands-on applications offer practice and writing extensions.
- Memoir Writing Assignments (11). Each module ends with a generous list of valuable writing topics to stimulate your writing. Time and again, you will return to these assignments as you flesh out your memoir. Just these assignments are worth the price of the program.
- Affirmation Lists (11). Affirmations address hesitations and reluctance at every step of the process. The Affirmation Lists are available in print and audio formats. Affirmations get you on your side.
- The Memoir Reference Library. Books and e-books that elaborate on knowledge and skills you need to master. Write Your First Memoir Draft is continuing writing education at its best. As my high-school history teacher used to tell us: “The more you know the better.” The library is “open” to you throughout the program.
- The Memoir Lyceum. A growing collection of presentations offered you as MP3s. The Memoir Lyceum presents “just in time” memoir-writing instruction beyond the modules. Learn while you drive or while you are poking around.
- Master classes (4). In these interviews, master writers share their secrets of success with you. These are offered every other module.
- The Mastermind Coaching Call (monthly). Connect regularly with a mentor and with fellow writers via phone to get your questions answered before they overwhelm you. Or, just connect with you mentor and fellow writers for fellowship. These are offered once a month.
Sit in on a recorded mastermind group tele-conference. Be our guest and sample how much you receive when you mastermind with others. You will understand how valuable these monthly meetings will become in your writing journey.
I remember your delightful teaching fondly. Thanks for all the help. It made such a difference!
—Mara Kirk Hart, MFA, author of So Many Lovely Days / The Greenwich Village Years
Still have questions? Check out our FAQ
Sign up for the Write Your First Memoir Draft Program.
One day, sooner than you now think possible, you will be holding an interesting and meaningful memoir in hand.
Registration is now closed. Thank you for your interest. If you would like to be placed on a waiting list, please email to the office. We look forward to having you be part of our recruitment in September.
$299 – A real value! The bonuses alone are worth more than the price of this program.
OUR FULL GUARANTEE
There is nothing to lose when you purchase the Write Your First Memoir Draft Program. If you feel you aren’t getting your money’s worth, let us know within 28 days of your purchase, and we will see to it that your money is refunded. No questions asked.
This is a risk free opportunity to begin writing your first memoir draft with the support and guidance you deserve.
We are confident you will find the materials extremely useful as you launch your memoir writing.