Request your free assessment session before you hire a memoir ghostwriter.
Thanks for reaching out to us. We’re here to help by extending a free, 30-minute consultation to you to help you make a good choice as you hire a memoir ghostwriter.
Let’s check if we are good fit.
What this 30-minute ghostwriting assessment consultation is
This consultation is a time for you to share with us what you hope to achieve when you hire a memoir ghostwriter.
- We look into your reason(s) for authoring an autobiography
- Who is your audience?
- Why do you want to write this book? (This is usually the same as your message.)
- We explore the process of our possible collaboration. You tell us such things as:
- how much of the writing you want to contribute yourself.
- what your prior writing experience is and how confident you are with that experience.
- what materials you have already gathered.
- your relationship to your story (joyful, anguished, angry, etc.)
- your timeline / deadline (if any).
- We assess how my team and I can work best with and for you. For this, you tell us such things as:
- are you looking for us to do all the writing? If this is you, you are in good company. Many people do want us to write the whole story.
- do you anticipate being active in the composition of your story? Many authors want to produce pages themselves—vignettes, scenes, dialogues, and then pass them on to us to incorporate into the memoir. If this is you, again this is great!
- do you want to serve as content editor for the writing we produce. In this model, you review the text for errors and inaccuracies and / or add text. A ghostwritten text is a collaborative endeavor. Do you anticipate being active in this way? Great if you do and equally great if you don’t.
- do you need The Memoir Network to play an additional role in the creation of your memoir? Do you want us to do research, conduct interviews, package your finished book? We can do it all.
What this free 30-minute ghostwriting assessment consultation is not
What we will want to know are answers to the above issues and questions. The problems (if any) elicited by the plunge into your story this session may bring up will be addressed as the memoir writing itself progresses. This is an integral part of ghostwriting.
We will not provide a ghostwriting sample of your story either prior to the session or subsequent to it. This is the work that happens after you hire a memoir ghostwriter
We understand your need to sample our writing. We can provide reference and contact info for you to check us out. We can also send you e-copies of books we have ghostwritten.
We also provide a three-hour introductory package—try us for a three-hour commitment. That’s it: three hours! If we’re a fit, you ask us for more time. If we’re not a fit, we go our separate ways. All writing we have produced in this time is yours to keep.
A note on the call
Note that this free ghostwriting-need assessment session has value to you in as much as it leads to a productive collaboration between us to get your memoir written or to a realization that this collaboration is not feasible.
Our services are billed at $95/hour.
During the call, we can provide an estimated range of what your fee to hire a memoir ghostwriter might be according to the info you provide. This estimate is understandably a “ball park” figure. It is an average calculated from previous clients.
Your time—as ours—is valuable. If you cannot afford this fee, you would do better to
- sign up for coaching so we can help you write your story yourself. We can discuss coaching during this assessment call. Or
- join our Write Your First Memoir Draft Program for a one-time fee of $399. Click here to learn more about this program.
Here’s what to do next to hire a memoir ghostwriter:
- email us for a free ghostwriting assessment session and we will answer by email. Include three dates and times that work for you. We will choose one of your times for our appointment.
- call us at 207-353-5454 9 AM to 5 PM / ET and we will be glad to speak with you. If we can’t speak to you then, we will make an appointment. After hours, you can leave a message and we will get back to you asap, or if you call on the weekend, on Monday morning.
We look forward to speaking with you.
Denis Ledoux and the Memoir Network Team