Use this instead of a writing prompt
A writing prompt in my estimation lead to nothing. I’m not a great fan of a writing prompt. Sure, it gets you to writing something. And many people will insist writing something is better than writing nothing. Well, I’m not so sure of that.
Writing should matter. It’s hard work and life is short. What’s better than nothing about writing some text on the “the most fun things I did this summer” as we sometimes had to in school? No wonder we did not learn to write while in that context!
Develop Vivid Characters
- Are the characters your memoir going to bore—rather than impress—your readers?
- Are you at a loss—“Help! What can I do!”—about how to make the people in your memoir more interesting?
- Are you embarrassed by the “stick” characters you have presented? “She really was a complex person, but I don’t know how to show her that way.”
With this blog post, I am doing something different.
I am sending you to a new YouTube video I created for you. Click the link or image below to watch the video and remember to subscribe, like and share the video! If you believe in the value of writing a memoir, then subscribe the the channel (it’s super easy!), like this particular video and share the video on your favorite social media. This social share helps The Memoir Network to appear higher in the rankings. This can help others like you who are seeking information on how to write their memoir.
While you are on YouTube, why not leave a comment?
When you get to YouTube, be sure to like this video post so that it becomes more available to other writers.
For a list of all Memoir Network offerings, click here
Interested in being a Memoir network affiliate? Click here.
What would happen to the memoir conversation if…
- …you took a moment to present this informative post to your friends and family by linking this article on your social media? Just a click. It’s so easy.
- …you reposted this article on your own blog or website? It’s free and you’d both have some valuable content to boost your blog’s reputation and you would be providing your readers with valuable guidance. For the best procedure on how to do this, click here.
- …you subscribed to our YouTube channel ?