Note from the Editor: This second installment of Before Sending a Manuscript to an Editor series offers basic editing tips around time use of time. For Part 1: Self-Editing Techniques Click here. For Part 3: Time Sequencing and Flashbacks Click here
Clean Up Your Use of Time
This second post on self-editing revolves around the use of time. In the next post, I will write about time sequencing and flashbacks.
1. The historical present looks like the past, but it isn’t.
What tense are you going to use to narrate your story?
To celebrate November is Memoir Writing Month, receive our daily:
- Memoir writing tips,
- Articles on writing your life story,
- Action Steps to get you writing,
- Links to keep-you-going info, and/or
- Products to help you get your memoir written.
The celebration begins on October 31, so sign up today.