Write Your First Memoir Draft Program
The Write Your First Memoir Draft Program is a self-paced, long-distance program designed to support your writing and maximize your production.
- 11 print and audio insructional modules,
- 12 monthly mastermind calls
- a generous library of ebook and MP3 downloads,
- surprise bonuses to enhance learning and retention.
On Sale Through September 26 – Save $50.
Invest in your writing; invest in yourself. Register today.
When writing memoir the project typically starts with a burst of energy. “This is going to be a good piece of writing! What am I saying, ‘good?’
“It’s going to be great!”
So we write for a month or two or even three and the energy remains strong but…
There comes a day when the demon that plagues all writers raises its ugly head and snaps at you.
“What in the world were you thinking of committing yourself to writing this horribly insignificant piece! And worse yet, what were you thinking of alerting other people that you were writing a memoir? Now, they’re going to expect something and you’re about to make a fool of yourself!”
Or, something equally terrible and intimidating goes through your mind. When that happens, what do you do?
Work through your negativity. In most cases, if you don’t revisit your commitment but continue to write, you will work through the doubt and finish your memoir.
Sometimes “work through” is something you can do alone, but there are times when you could benefit from a memoir writing group or someone someone helping you with your writing.
Do you yearn for regular encouragement to persevere and for someone to hold you accountable for reaching your goals? For many writers, an ongoing memoir coachingrelationship with an experienced writer may be what will see them through this trough of despair.
For others, it’s not coaching but memoir editing that proves most helpful.
Your own copy of Turning Memories Into Memoirs / A Handbook for Writing Lifestories will teach you much about memoir writing. Check the special hard copy and e-copy prices and bonuses.
Your task this week: to identify those negative moments when you tell yourself horrible things, implement the supports you need and then…keep writing.
Remember: It’s not easy writing a memoir, but it is important work. Persevere.
What would happen to the memoir conversation if…
- …you took a moment to present this informative post to your friends and family by linking this article on your social media? Just a click. It’s so easy.
- …you reposted this article on your own blog or website? It’s free and you’d both have some valuable content to boost your blog’s reputation and you would be providing your readers with valuable guidance. For the best procedure on how to do this, click here.
- …you subscribed to our YouTube channel ?