Writers sometimes struggle with how to begin a story and will not write the story until they have the beginning—the first paragraph.
This is not a good way to proceed.
The first paragraph of a memoir sets the tone.
The first paragraph creates the tone and often presents imagery that will shape the reader’s appreciation of your story—whether a vignette or a full memoir.
In a short story I wrote many years ago, I did not compose the first paragraph until I had written the whole story. Frankly, I was stumped and did not know how to begin the story, how to launch the reader.
The Memorable Story / Write Your First Memoir Draft
The Memorable Story / Write Your First Memoir Draft is a self-paced, long-distance writing program designed to teach you what you must know and do to create a meaningful and insightful memoir—a truly Memorable Story!
- 11 comprehensive print and audio instructional modules, full of actionable steps.
- 11 finely tune affirmations to counter any limiting beliefs and boost your self-confidence
- a generous library of e-books and MP3 downloads that augment the program.
On sale with a generous $100.00 discount: Was $199 — now only $99!
Invest in your story; invest in yourself. Register today. Was $199
- now $99.
What would happen to the memoir conversation if…
- …you took a moment to present this informative post to your friends and family by linking this article on your social media? Just a click. It’s so easy.
- …you reposted this article on your own blog or website? It’s free and you’d both have some valuable content to boost your blog’s reputation and you would be providing your readers with valuable guidance. For the best procedure on how to do this, click here.
- …you subscribed to our YouTube channel ?