START YOUR MEMOIR RIGHT/Strategies for an Effective Writing Launch
As you start writing your memoir and you begin to invest time and energy, explore if this idea of yours to compose a memoir is a right choice, if you are approaching a good idea the right way.
This book will help you save yourself grief and time if you set yourself on a strong start.
As a long-time writing coach, Denis Ledoux has helped many writers grapple with this question. START YOUR MEMOIR RIGHT/Strategies for an Effective Writing Launch is a distillation of his years of coaching experience. His expert advice will focus your inquiry and save you much time and energy.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
START YOUR MEMOIR RIGHT/Strategies for an Effective Writing Launch will help you decide whether or not you should write a memoir. You will learn many techniques for setting yourself up for success:
- why you need a best answer to why you should write a memoir.
- what your biggest challenge is likely to be—hint: it’s not finding time.
- why writing an autobiography, rather than a memoir, is probably not a good idea.
- what tasks you absolutely must do before you start to write.
- how to assess if you have enough writing supports and, if not, how to get enough.
- how to mine your journal to bring depth to your memoir.
These—and more—best writing practices will get you to start to write your memoir the right way.
…straight to the point, friendly, chatty tone and expert advice on how to get yourself started on writing your memoir.
— Viga Boland, author, No Tears for My Father
START YOUR MEMOIR RIGHT/Strategies for an Effective Writing Launch lays out a clear writing path.
- Each step for assessing whether you should or should not be writing a memoir is clearly and simply presented.
- You will learn why each step in the decision-making process is important in itself and how to implement it.
- Doing this work now will ease the writing process later.
- The steps in this book will prepare you to write the best memoir you are capable of—or not write, if that is what you should do.
The modest purchase price for this book will prove a great investment. Think of the time and energy you will have saved by following its tested suggestions!
THE MEMOIR WRITING SERIES
Start Your Memoir Right / Strategies for an Effective Writing Launch is also available as part of a package that comes with an attractive, steep discount.
Whether you are writing a memoir, creative non-fiction, or fiction, the suggestions in this book—as those in the other books in the Memoir Writing Series—are applicable. For a full listing of all the books in the Memoir Writing Series, click here.
Mary Anne Benedetto –
The book is a valuable resource for life story writers whether they intend to publish or only share with family,
Justine Kuntz –
…provides a kick-start for those toying with the idea of writing a memoir but who need “actions steps.” The book is a great companion for Ledoux’s Turning Memories Into Memoirs..a good first read.
Mr. Ledoux’s style is warm and approachable. Although I have never talked with him personally, reading this book made me feel that we were conversing together by the fireplace. (This occurred even as I read the Kindle edition, something with which I am not completely comfortable.) This book helped me to break down memoir writing into manageable portions and freed me from remaining paralyzed under unrealistic expectations. The action steps were clearly written and encouraging. The book is short and concise, yet full of good ideas and new approaches.
D.M. Verbov –
A great book…This guy knows exactly what I’m feeling and thinking!