Cliches and Stereotypes
Don’t devalue your characters by using cliches and stereotypes. This will undermine the unique and personal feel of your memoir. Cliches and stereotypes place people in categories. As short-hand ways of writing and speaking, they reflect ready-made thoughts and adversely affect the ways we relate to our families and friends as unique individuals.
- “She was a mother-hen; You know how mothers are!”
- “My father had a heart of gold.”
- “Those were beautiful days when we were happy.”
Write Your First Memoir Draft Program
The Write Your First Memoir Draft Program is a self-paced, long-distance program designed to support your writing and maximize your production.
- print and audio presentations,
- a monthly live mastermind group,
- book and MP3 downloads,
- loads of surprise bonuses.
“Our last Mastermind call really helped to focus me. I needed that.”
Invest in your writing; invest in yourself. Register today.