Denis Ledoux has written a little primer with 12 great must-do suggestions. As workshop leader, coach and editor, he has helped many would-be writers to shape memoirs that have brought pleasure to family, friends and to broader audiences. His HOW TO CRAFT A MEMOIR / 12 STEPS TO CRAFT A MEMOIR is an introductory writing tool that gets right to the point.
For a complete guide (the equivalent to a graduate school course) to writing your memoir, go on to Turning Memories into Memoirs / A Handbook for Writing Lifestories.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN IN HOW TO CRAFT A MEMOIR:
• what the Memory List is and why it is important.
• why you should resist the urge to write from the beginning.
• why telling the truth is so hard and so not optional.
• how family stories can ruin your memoir.
• which stories to write first.
• when to write and when not to write.
• why the right attitude will see you to the end.
These—and more—best writing practices you’ll find in HOW TO CRAFT A MEMOIR / 12 BASIC STEPS TO CRAFT A MEMOIR will get you to start to write your memoir the successful way.
A special feature of this book is its dozens of links to posts on Ledoux’s blog. If you follow the trail he points you towards, you will learn much about the basics of writing.
Whether you are writing a memoir, creative non-fiction, or fiction, the suggestions in this book—as those in the other books in the Memoir Writing Series—are applicable.
For a full listing of all the books in the Memoir Writing Series, click here.