Working with a coach for the memoir you are writing provides you technical, informational and emotional support. Often writers—usually first-time and (perhaps) only-time writers—struggle as they recall, explore, and write their memories.
If you are considering or already busy at turning your memories into memoirs, then memoir coaching is an option that will likely help you to write better and faster. There’s no reason to take forever to write a memoir.
A memoir coach can provide just-in-time learning as you tackle both the memories which flood in as a mix of undigested images, conversations, sensations needing to be sorted and prioritized and the compelling tensions between telling the truth and reliving painful times.
Denis coached me week after week and helped me turn my compulsive research into a well-written manuscript and then into a handsome book.
When you receive coaching for your memoir, you are collaborating with someone can also assist you to implement writing techniques to better express the feelings and thoughts that your memoir is struggling to articulate. People accept easily that memoir writing, like any art form, is about self-expression, but it is harder to understand that a work of art also addresses an audience. A memoir is not only about saying your “something” but it about communicating that “something” to a readership.
A coach for the memoir you are writing
A writing coach can help you at every step of the process. Having “been there and done that”—and being able to talk clearly about it, a memoir-writing coach can point you in the right direction and gently correct your course.
A coach is a teacher, a cheerleader, a critic, a motivator, a writing buddy, a person who holds you accountable for meeting your goals, a good listener, and sometimes an editor—and a coach can be more if you need more.
For a free consult, call 207-353-5454 today to make an appointment.
Click here to read more about coaching.
Your coach will help you to make the writing decisions that your manuscript needs—some of these you may not even realize require work until your coach points them out to you.
Coaching for your memoir addresses common problems such as:
- Have you chosen the right point of view for your story?
- Are your characters unique, nuanced, and consistent—and how to make them so?
- How about the details? Do these and other elements support your story?
A memoir coach does this and so much more.
The best time to work with a coach for the memoir you long to finish?
The absolute best time is perhaps as you start to write; the second best time?
What would happen to the memoir conversation if…
- …you took a moment to present this informative post to your friends and family by linking this article on your social media? Just a click. It’s so easy.
- …you reposted this article on your own blog or website? It’s free and you’d both have some valuable content to boost your blog’s reputation and you would be providing your readers with valuable guidance. For the best procedure on how to do this, click here.
- …you subscribed to our YouTube channel?