Memoir-Writing Help to Create Your Book
We are a “boutique” group devoted to coaching, editing and writing memoir—your memoir.
We don’t just help you how to put words together—although we do that really well. What we do best is help you—as a first-time and possibly only-time memoir writer—to write a deeper more meaningful memoir—from the inside out.
Since the fall of 1988, The Memoir Network has been the best source of memoir-writing help available to help people to write interesting and meaningful memoirs. Not dull chronologies. Meaningful, interestingly told lifestories that portray lives with depth, fluency, and style, memoirs that other people want to read.
We help you to write—as we call it—from the inside out. A new concept for you perhaps, but isn’t that how you lived your life—from the inside out? So why not write from your deep insights from the beginning of your writing process?
With The Memoir Network, you benefit from the extensive writing and teaching experience of TMN founder Denis Ledoux, M.A. Ed., and of his team of accomplished editors and coaches. Denis and his team are active writers immersed in their own memoir writing.
Our goal is simple: to provide you the best memoir-writing help available to get your book written and published. Whether the team will coach, edit, or ghostwrite, or do your book production, they deliver “just in time” writing help to get you writing at your best.
What You Can Expect From Us.
Our mission has never changed: We’ll provide memoir-writing help to you so you can create the kind of memoir you are dreaming of holding in your hands and giving to family, friends, and possibly the world—a meaningful, interesting memoir.
How did Denis know in 1988 that memoir writing would become so important? He didn’t—he just liked writing memoir and working with people who wanted to be writers of memoir. At first, people would say: “I may be crazy. I want to write my memoir.” But Denis and Martha Blowen, his partner in life and in business, knew that these people were not crazy. They knew these first-time memoir writers—and perhaps only-time book writers—were being impelled by a story-telling urgency that is as old as the impulse of our ancestors gathered around campfires.
Gradually, the public’s appreciation for memoir writing changed and people who approached Denis began to express that it might be a normal activity to write a memoir—and The Memoir Network was there to show them how by providing the best memoir-writing help available on the net.
The Memoir-Writing Help We Offer You
1. A Unique Blog
Today, The Memoir Network is still there for you. We post informative articles every week about what’s best to do when you are writing a memoir—whether that is technical information like “how to plot a memoir” to “how to stay motivated” to “giving yourself a launch party.” And we’re not too humble to say we’ve got one of the best memoir writing sites and writing blogs you you’ll find anywhere on the web.
And this is why we do this…
- The Memoir Network is not about writing technique without meaning.
- The Memoir Network is not about beautiful writing without soul.
- The Memoir Network is not about writing a chronology without insight.
You want to write about the bigger picture of your life. You need to understand all the facets of effective memoir writing—from pre-writing tasks to writing vivid characters to polishing a last draft, and we cover the gamut, twice a week on our blog. Why not begin, complement, and finish your memoir education with us—for free… and in the process learn to write from the inside out!
2. A Generous Free Members’ Area
We offer more than an excellent blog. We also offer a free members’ area we call My Memoir Education. This basic membership extends the material you receive in the blog. You get ecourses, ebooks, MP3s and more. You can join today and combine what you learn from the blog with what you learn from My Memoir Education to begin to produce a unique memoir. It’s a great jumpstart.
3. Extensive Tailored-For-You Services
In addition to the blog and My Memoir Education, you may need to move beyond our free material into one-on-one mentoring. This is available to you via editing, coaching, ghostwriting or book production. These additional services for those who want more than free materials can provide you the best memoir help available anywhere at any price.
If you want a comprehensive list of our services, this overview of The Memoir Network will inform you quickly about where you need to be to write your best memoir. That is, after all, your goal.
A Bit of History: The Memoir Network
The Memoir Network was founded in the fall of 1988 by Denis Ledoux. Denis has won awards for his writing: the 1989 Maine Fiction Competition and 1991 and 1996 Individual Writing Fellowships.
Over the years, we’ve been fortunate that people say a lot of nice things about The Memoir Network, about Memoir network products, about Denis and about our team of professional writers:
- Time Magazine included Denis in a roundup article on memoir writing in April 1999. Read the article in our In the News page.
- The Christian Science Monitor ran roundups and feature articles on Denis. Three times.
- Turning Memories Into Memoirs was deemed by Booklist (American Library Association) as “very beneficial…helps writers get off to a great start.”
- Rhonda Kanning Anderson, co-founder and president of the erstwhile premier scrapbooking company Creative Memories, said of our Photo Scribe: “The Photo Scribe has inspired me to a new level of photo-journaling. This practical step-by-stop guide can enable anyone to discover the depth of their memories.”
- Bottomline Publications acknowledged (in a feature article) Denis’s work as a memoir ghostwriter, editor and coach.
- The Cincinnati Post praised Turning Memories Into Memoirs / A Handbook for Writing Lifestories as: “…a step-by-step manual, lots of examples, a fine appendix and a detailed index, making it a useful reference over time.”
- Network founder Denis Ledoux has been interviewed on a variety of radio stations in cities as far flung as Boston, Philadelphia, Chicago, Los Angeles, Seattle, Montréal. He has been interviewed by NPR affiliates as well as Radio Canada.
Your Next Step
Browse this overview of The Memoir Network memoir-writing help and then choose what is best for you at this time.
A free consultation with Denis Ledoux is available if you want help to know which option is best for you. For an appointment, call 207-353-5454 or email at the contact address below.