The Editor’s Manual
The Editor’s Manual: Edit with confidence!
Denis Ledoux has edited hundreds of writers. Our Editor’s Manual distills decades of that editing experience.
I have always found that editing in all its facets—developmental, content, copy—is essential for any memoir. The secret is to learn how to shape a story with the author and not to take it over. Sometimes you can go for excellence, and at other times, you commit to help a writer create the best book s/he can.
What you will find in the Editor’s Manual.
As a stand-alone product, the Editor’s Manual offers you everything you need to set yourself up as a professional editor.
Here are some key features of the Editor’s Manual:
- how to evaluate your qualifications. Are you ready to make a success of your effort?
- an extensive overview of office processes: lead generation, how much to charge, billing.
- dealing with different kinds of clients and their needs and demands: when to hang in there and when to let them go.
- preparing clients for successive editing read-throughs.
- office forms to facilitate record keeping.
- templates of notes and letters to adapt for your own clients.
- actual edited pages for you to experience what editing looks like on a page.
Your next step
If you wish to purchase the Editor’s Manual as a stand alone, click here.