Writing your memoir is not easy.
While some people succeed at writing an interesting and meaningful memoir on their own, the fact is many people need both more technical expertise than they now have and more emotional support for the long effort they are undertaking. Many find the task of writing a memoir—however urgent and compelling—to be somewhat daunting and, if the truth be told, rather tedious over the months of solitary writing it takes to tell the story they want to tell and then ready it for publication—whether they publish independently or traditionally.
Many memoir writers find the support and instruction offered by a memoir-writing community to be indispensable. Such a group, focused on supporting you and teaching you incrementally about how to succeed at this important but often difficult task of recording personal and family stories, can make the difference between your success and “trying to write a memoir.”
The Memoir Network offers several groups for you to join.
- The Free Basic Membership provides you with short lessons, reports and MP3s to instruct and motivate you every month. If you are not yet a member, you are missing an essential opportunity.
- The Free Memoir Forum is where you communicate and chat with other memoir writers. Are you having trouble with dialog? Ask for tips on writing better dialog on the Forum. Are you looking for a memoir to read or want to suggest a memoir to others? Post on the Forum. Are you having a dry spell and want to complain? Try the Forum.
- The free Get Traction in your Memoir Coaching Sessions. [See below.]
- And, of course, there is always the special group you form with your coach or editor.
Get Traction in Your Memoir Writing in Free Coaching Sessions
A complimentary coaching series offered by memoir-writing teacher and guru, Denis Ledoux.
What will you get from attending?
- a clearer sense of how to make your process work for you.
- techniques for developing habits that will boost your writing.
- direction to send you on the right course to writing your memoir.
- useful feedback on story elements: character, action, dialog.
Each session will be launched with a practical, hands-on presentation. Denis Ledoux has been coaching, editing and ghostwriting since 1988. He knows his memoir writing! In fact, he wrote the book.
- November 15: Handling Dialog So You Can Hear Your Characters Speak
- December 20: Looking at Your Narrator Possibilities
All will be held at 7-8 PM/ET ; 6-7 PM/CT ; 5-6 PM/MT ; 4-5 PM/PT.
Yes, I want to register for this amazing offer.
To learn “How to Participate in a Tele-Class,” click here.
Keep writing your memoir and stay in the memoir conversation.
The Write Your First Memoir Draft Program is a self-paced, long-distance program designed to support your writing and maximize your production.
~ print and audio presentations,
~ a monthly live mastermind group,
~ book and MP3 downloads,
~ 24/7 discussion forums, and
~ loads of surprise bonuses.
Write Your First Memoir Draft launches on March 16. Open registration; no cut off date.
Before March 2, 2018: $249; between March 3 and 15, 2018: $274; March 16+: $299.
Invest in your writing. Register today.