Is there a best place to start writing your memoir?
It’s a quandary: where do you start writing your memoir? Many people may say: from the beginning. But, I don’t think that is the best place to start composing.
1. The answer is actually quite simple: Start writing your memoir anywhere in the story.
Start from where you feel like writing about on any given day and keep writing as long as you wish to do so. Then, if the topic ceases to interest you and you would like to write about something else, go ahead and do so. Write about the new story line even if you haven’t finished the previous one. You are connecting to your muse at this point! When you start writing your memoir from anywhere, you are writing from the inside out.
2. Memoirs are really collected musings that are woven seamlessly.
Get your memoir written more quickly and expertly. A writing coach helps you at every step of the process, pointing you in the right direction and gently correcting your course. An editor helps you scrutinize your manuscript to go deeper and be more insightful.Which do you need now to write a better memoir? Free consultation. 207-353-5454 or email today.
Think about it: if you wrote 3 pages a day-in any order-for 100 days you would have three hundred pages of manuscript. You would then organize the stories and vignettes-most people do so chronologically. Inevitably there will be many transitional stories missing. These you will then write in and insert in their proper place in the manuscript.
Only you will know that the vignette between pages 179 and 184 was written first of all the stories; the reader will not even suspect it. For the reader, the memoir will begin on page one! While this is certainly not always the case, the beginning of the memoir, the place that more than any other in the book, creates a tone to the story, may have been written last. In fact, writing or re-writing the first chapter of your memoir is frequently the last thing you do in the writing of your book.
So don’t sweat where to start writing your memoir? Where the reader starts reading your memoir is not where you start writing your memoir.
Accelerate your mastering-the-writing curve. Take advantage of all the resources in the Memoir Start Up Package. It comes with over $80 of bonuses. Click here for a complete list of package benefits available immediately to help you move your memoir along.
What would happen to the memoir conversation if…
- …you took a moment to present this informative post to your friends and family by linking this article on your social media? Just a click. It’s so easy.
- …you reposted this article on your own blog or website? It’s free and you’d both have some valuable content to boost your blog’s reputation and you would be providing your readers with valuable guidance. For the best procedure on how to do this, click here.
- …you subscribed to our YouTube channel ?