Request your free writing consultation with Denis Ledoux.
We’re here to help by extending a free, 30-minute consultation to you. Thanks for reaching out to us.
What this 30-minute consultation is
The consultation is a time:
- for you to share with us what your needs are as a writer. You tell us such things as:
◦ your prior writing experience,
◦ the status of the present manuscript,
◦ your challenges as a writer,
◦ for whom you are writing,
◦ and so forth.
- for us to assess how we can work together and share our recommendations with you. For this, we need to know such things as:
◦ are you primarily looking for coaching, editing or proofreading?
◦ what timeline might you be working under?
◦ how much of the writing do you want to undertake and how much do you want us to handle?
◦ what additional role would you like The Memoir Network to play in the creation of your memoir?
What this free 30-minute consultation is not
This is not a coaching session. We will not necessarily engage in addressing specific problems with your writing although we may make suggestions. What we will want to know are answers to the above issues and questions.
We will not provide editing although we can review up to 5 pages of a double-spaced manuscript before our appointed call. This reading is to familiarize us with your subject and writing ability. There will be no editing on your manuscript.
Before you call
Note that this consultation has value to you in as much as it leads to a productive collaboration between us to get your memoir written or to a realization that this collaboration is not feasible.
Our services are billed at $80/hour for our editing team and $95 for Denis Ledoux. Your time is valuable. If you cannot afford this fee, you would do better to join our Write Your First Memoir Draft Program for a one time fee of $199. Click here to learn more about this program.
During the call, we can provide estimated range of what your fee might be according to the info you provide. This estimate is understandably a “ball park” figure.
Here’s what to do next:
- email us for a free consultation and we will answer by email. Include three dates and times that work for you. We will choose one of your times for our appointment.
- call us at 207-353-5454 9 AM to 5 PM / ET and we will be glad to speak with you. If we can’t speak to you then, we will make an appointment. After hours, you can leave a message and we will get back to you asap.
We look forward to speaking with you.
Remember: whatever you do today, write a bit on your memoir.
Denis Ledoux and the Memoir Network Team