Request your free ghostwriting-needs assessment session.
We’re here to help by extending a free, 30-minute ghostwriting consultation to you. Thanks for reaching out to us.
First of all we want to make clear what our use of “author” and “writer” mean in the ghostwriting context.
- You are the author. You are the person who is the source of the story—its authority.
- We provide you with a writer. Your writer put the words to paper but s/he is never the author of your story. The author is you.
What this 30-minute ghostwriting assessment consultation is.
This consultation is a time for you to share with us what you hope to achieve.
- We will look into your reason(s) for authoring an autobiography
◦ Who is your audience?
◦ Why do you want to write this book? (This is usually the same as your message.)
- This is also a time to explore the process of our possible collaboration. You tell us such things as:
◦ how much of the writing do you want to contribute yourself.
◦ what your prior writing experience is and how confident you are with that experience.
◦ what materials you have already gathered.
◦ your relationship to your story (joyful, anguished, angry, etc.)
◦ your timeline / deadline (if any).
- We need to assess how my team and I can work best with and for you. For this, you tell us such things as:
◦ are you looking for us to do all the writing? If this is you, you are in good company. Many people do.
◦ do you anticipate being active in the composition of your story? Many authors want to produce pages themselves—vignettes, scenes, dialogues, and then pass them on to us to incorporate into the memoir. If this is you, this is great!
◦ Authors often serve as content editors for the writing we produce. They review the text for errors and inaccuracies and / or add text. A ghostwritten text is a collaborative endeavor. Do you anticipate being active in this way? Great if you do and ok if you don’t.
◦ what additional role would you like The Memoir Network to play in the creation of your memoir? Do you want us to do research, conduct interviews, package your finished book? We can do it all.
What this 30-minute free ghostwriting assessment is not.
We will not engage in addressing specific “feeling” problems with your relationship to your story although we may make suggestions. What we will want to know are answers to the above issues and questions. The feelings (if any) elicited by this plunge into your story will be addressed as the memoir progresses.
We will not provide ghostwriting neither prior to the session nor subsequent to it unless you hire us. We do not provide a ghostwriting sample of how we would handle your story.
We do provide a three-hour introductory package—try us for a three-hour commitment. That’s it: three hours! If we’re a fit, you ask us for more time. If we’re not a fit, we go our separate ways.
We can provide reference and contact info for you to check us out. We can also send you copies of books we have ghostwritten.
Before you call
Note that this free ghostwriting-need assessment session has value to you in as much as it leads to a productive collaboration between us to get your memoir written or to a realization that this collaboration is not feasible.
Our services are billed at $80/hour for our associate team and $95 for Denis Ledoux.
Your time is valuable. If you cannot afford this fee, you would do better to join our Write Your First Memoir Draft Program for a one time fee of $399. Click here to learn more about this program.
During the call, we can provide estimated range of what your fee might be according to the info you provide. This estimate is understandably a “ball park” figure.
Here’s what to do next:
- email us for a free coaching assessment session and we will answer by email. Include three dates and times that work for you. We will choose one of your times for our appointment.
- call us at 207-353-5454 9 AM to 5 PM / ET and we will be glad to speak with you. If we can’t speak to you then, we will make an appointment for your free coaching assessment. After hours, you can leave a message and we will get back to you asap.
We look forward to speaking with you.
Remember: whatever you do today, write a bit on your memoir.
Denis Ledoux and the Memoir Network Team