Launch yourself today as a memoir teacher, coach, editor or ghostwriter
This university-quality training will structure your success as a Memoir Professional. It is an inexpensive, easy-to-access program that is currently available at a $100 discount.
Interest in memoir writing is running higher than ever. Wherever you live, there are people in your area:
- who want to leave a written record of their lives but
- who have little idea about how to recall the details of their story,
- how to develop a memoir character, and
- how to pace and shape a book of memoirs so that it is interesting and meaningful.
People in your community need to work with you to develop their memoir-writing skills—whether you choose to teach, coach, edit, ghostwrite or to offer your clients all four.
Denis Ledoux’s Memoir Professional materials are an excellent, comprehensive training focused on how to start and operate a memoir business successfully.
—Robin Waldron, Memoir Professional, The Write Source, Franklin, Indiana
This is how you can become a successful Memoir Professional.
Success doesn’t call for a certain personality. Extroverts and introverts alike can do well. Even levels of formal education are not predictors. But…
Achieving success as a Memoir Professional does call for certain traits. Traits that lead to success include:
- being a memoir writer yourself. You wouldn’t expect a golf teacher not to be a golfer!
- improving yourself as both a professional and a writer. This implies always to be learning to be better at both. You need to invest emotionally and financially in your professional development.
- having empathy for people. Encouraging writers to share intimate stories—whether to a group or to you—calls for a non-judgmental approach and deep listening. People did their best even if—often by their own estimation today—it was not very good.
- being patient. Writers are struggling to incorporate newly acquired writing techniques into their memoir. It takes time to convert knowledge into skill. That practice is one reason clients have come to you.
- enjoying the facilitator role—if your chosen medium is the workshop. A facilitator steps back and let’s the group take over for a while. There is much collective wisdom within a group of adult learners.
- accepting that you can tell the story in another person’s voice—if you are a ghostwriter.
Denis Ledoux provides laser-like suggestions and instructions to those interested in working in the field of personal history.
— Tom Gilbert, Memoir Professional, Your-story-Your Life
Albuquerque, New Mexico
The Memoir Network takes the pain out of starting up.
We have been active as memoir professionals since 1988. In that time, we have led workshops, coached clients, edited manuscripts, ghostwritten books and prepared memoirs for publication for thousands of people.
In that time, we have seen how the Memoir Professionals who do best are those who offer various memoir services.
Workshops are often—but not always—the base for building a successful memoir business. We provide you much help to make your workshop easy and successful to present. Offering workshops will provide you with
- extensive solutions to writing problems—emotional blocks, stylistic difficulties, using memory effectively.
- effective handling issues writers bring to their memoir creation—self-doubt, fear of failure, thoughts of insignificance.
- excellent outreach for coaching, editing, and ghostwriting. At one point, I estimated that 40% of my workshoppers went on to purchase another memoir service from my company.
Offering workshops using our Curriculum Manual will launch you effectively in the world of memoir writing.
I am incredibly impressed at how thorough and valuable these materials are.
—Sue Mitchell, Memoir Professional, An Untold Story
Grand Junction, Colorado
Choose between package or à la carte options.
1. The full Memoir Professional Package comes to you with
- A proven Curriculum printable as an easy-to-use manual. This curriculum has already been tested with tens of thousands of apprentice writers around the world. (Memoir Professional Packages have been used worldwide—in Canada, Israel, Japan, Zimbabwe and Poland to name only a few.)
- An Editor’s Manual to organize and accelerate your entry into the lucrative editing sideline.
- A Speaker’s Manual to set up speaking as a client generator system.
- Business Development MP3s to provide strategies for making a critical and financial success of your efforts.
- Easy-to-implement guidelines are offered throughout the package as appropriate in the various components for effectively conducting your memoir business—this is not a case of theory without hands-on material. (Many professionals have earned full- or part-time income with our manuals as their basic references.)
I expected the Memoir Professional Package to be full of information—but not this full. You guys know what you are talking about. It felt like I was in good hands to launch myself as a Memoir Professional under your guidance. I feel confident now. It’s been good.”
—Lynda McDaniels, Memoirs for Life
2. À la carte
If teaching workshops is not for you, we can help you launch yourself as a coach, editor and/or ghostwriter.We also make the material available individually by title:
Many professionals who have decided to teach memoir writing have also been interested in our Photo Scribe line. You can become a Photo Scribe teacher, too.
A Photoscribe Teacher helps individuals to preserve their family stories within the context of a photo album. S/he leads workshops on how to preserve family stories in writing in scrapbook albums. A great addition for a Memoir Professional or a scrapbook consultant.
Selling The Memoir Network books on your site and/or as back-of-the-room sales at your workshops and programs will bring you added income. For information on Volume Discounts on hardcover copies of Turning Memories Into Memoirs or The Photo Scribe, click here.