A Best Guide to Create a Memoir: the Successful Memoir Writing Program
If you do the work, you will have the book.
The Successful Memoir Writing Program offers you the possibility of designing a coaching and editing program that assists you to produce your memoir in record time. The goal of our relationship in The Successful Memoir Writing Program will be to create a publishable memoir either within one year of your enrollment or to move your manuscript as far as we can go in the shorter time frame— three or six months—you have selected.
Your Memoir Network mentor will be there for you and your success.
While we are accept a number of writers into this program, we will mentor each individually. This is not a group coaching program.
This program is for the writer who is driven to complete his/her book in a selected time frame. This writer:
- is committed to producing (vs. “trying” to produce) a finished memoir.
- understands the value of working with a mentor coach and/or editor on a consistent basis and is ready to follow the lead of a professional writer.
- can commit the time to write and is resolved to do so. No “trying to write” allowed here!
- values regular supportive and insightful feedback.
- suspects s/he cannot or will not be as successful on her/his own as with a coach. Procrastination, perfectionism and lack of technical ability are the pitfalls that this program will address in a straightforward manner.
Who Should Not Apply
The Memoir Network offers regular coaching and editing for those who need help with particular problems but are comfortable going it alone. Editing or coaching services can be excellent choices for the many writers who are writing at more leisurely pace, are willing to let the memoir take as long as it takes or who are concerned with expense.
The Successful Memoir Writing Program is not appropriate for these writers. This program is focused on producing a memoir in your selected time frame—you must be able to invest the time and the effort!
I remember your wonderful teaching very fondly.
— Mara Kirk Hart, author of the memoir So Many Lovely Days
What you receive month after month
You will have unlimited access to support, knowledge, and insight during the whole time you have selected. We will be there for you and your success.
- have brief check-ins either by phone [3-5 minutes] or email anytime you need advice, technical assistance, encouragement (or a push to counter recidivism—i.e., slipping back into negative thinking and habits).
- schedule priority [“emergency”] coaching. Most appointments will be scheduled within 48 hours of a request. In this way, you will never be working blindly—hoping you are doing it right.
- set up regular coaching sessions. These sessions will be the back bone of your support. You may set up as many sessions as you need.
- send material for editing as you write. Most editing—obviously depending on length—will be returned within 48-72 hours assuring that you can continue to progress. It is often frustrating for a writer to try something new and wonder if it “works”—or worse, continue to do something that eventually is seen as “not working.” [If you have already completed a manuscript, engaging in Editing Services is the appropriate choice. Editing for The Successful Memoir Writing Program is focused on material produced—or reworked—between coaching sessions. Please be in contact to discuss your specific need.]
You will also receive a passcode to download any and all materials sold by the Memoir Network. This will also support your writing effort and draw you deeply into the memoir conversation. This includes
- all products in our memoir store.
This is an all-inclusive program. There will be no nickel and diming. You sign up and you get everything promised. Because this is a demanding program, we understand this is not for everyone and are accepting only a handful of writers.
This The Successful Memoir Writing Program does not contain the following which are available separately:
- a review by a second writer.
- the final copy editing which we consider to be part of book production.
- editing of an existing manuscript.
Your choice of one fee, unlimited access.
The cost varies with your selection of a mentoring time frame:
- one year of benefits: $10,000.
- six months: $5,500.
- three months: $3,000.
Whichever time frame you choose, you will find the surplus of mentoring to be of great value—at no extra charge to you.
These fees are comparable to the cost of university courses where you would be with 15, 20 or more students and receive no individual time, no coaching, no editing.
Monthly payments possible. Please inquire.
The three-hour Trial Offer
The Memoir Network offers a 3-hour trial for $240. (The billing is at our standard per-hour fee.) This payment will be deducted from The Successful Memoir Writing Program option you choose when we continue to work together.
The Successful Memoir Writing Program Trial Offer – 3 hours, $240.
The Next Step
Call me at 207-353-5454 to learn more about this program, to assess your specific needs, and to explore your suitability. If you are committed to producing a memoir this year in six months, or in three months, we want to work with you in The Successful Memoir Writing Program
If you are looking for a ghostwriter, this is not the program for you. Please do not apply for this program. I would be pleased to speak with you about how I or another Memoir Network writer might co-author your story with you.