Writing your memoir is not easy.
While some people succeed at writing an interesting and meaningful memoir on their own, the fact is many people need both more technical expertise than they now have and more emotional support for the long effort they are undertaking. Many find the task of writing a memoir—however urgent and compelling—to be somewhat daunting and, if the truth be told, rather tedious over the months of solitary writing it takes to tell the story they want to tell and then ready it for publication—whether they publish independently or traditionally.
Many memoir writers find the support and instruction offered by a memoir-writing community to be indispensable. Such a group, focused on supporting you and teaching you incrementally about how to succeed at this important but often difficult task of recording personal and family stories, can make the difference between your success and “trying to write a memoir.”
The Memoir Network offers several groups for you to join.
- the Free Basic Membership provides you with short lessons, reports and MP3s to instruct and motivate you every month. If you are not yet a member, you are missing an essential opportunity.
- The Free Memoir Forum is where you communicate and chat with other memoir writers. Are you having trouble with dialog? Ask for tips on writing better dialog on the Forum. Are you looking for a memoir to read or want to suggest a memoir to others? Post on the Forum. Are you having a dry spell and want to complain? Try the Forum.
- The Master Writer Membership provides major learning opportunities: each month, you get an e-book, an hour-long MP3 on a specific topic of memoir writing, an interview with a leader in the memoir field and a special report. (The Master Writer Membership is fee-based. A special enrollment period for the Master Writer Membership opens February 7 with a 33% roll back in tuition for six months.)
- And, of course, there is always the special group you form with your coach or editor.
Writing your memoir can be done in the context of the Master Writer Membership
What you receive for the first month of the Master Writer Membership.
1. A 27-page e-book: Getting Started and Keeping Going.
2. A fifty-minute MP3 of the tele-class by the same name. This eponymous MP3 both covers material from the Getting Started e-book plus new materail.
3. A 50-minute interview with Kathy Pooler, blogger extraordinaire whose Memoir Writer’s Journey blog is a gem. She shares her experience of what she believes makes for a successful memoir as well as how a memoir writer can succeed. An interview not to be missed.
4. A special report: The Three Pillars of Memoir Writing.
5. Subsequent months will also offer a “town meeting.” The town meeting will be a time for you to call with any question you have or issue that you would like to air. While the town meeting will be a regular feature, it will not be offered the first month.
Beginning on February 7 and ending on February 14, 2014, you will have the opportunity to not only join the mastermind writer membership group but you will be able to do so at a 33% discount—for the next 6 months. During launch week, all new members can register at the special $19.95 month instead of at the regular $29.95—a savings of $10.00 per month. You will benefit from this special rate for six months! Membership must be paid in full to obtain the discount. Satisfaction is guaranteed. If you are not satisfied with your membership during the first month, we will refund your fee in full.
You can also register after February 14.
The special intro rate expires on the 14th but not to worry: you will be able to register at any time at the regular low rate of $29.95 per month.
Keep writing your memoir and stay in the memoir conversation.
We have helped many people whose lives demanded to be recorded but who themselves were not writers to create interesting and well-written memoirs.
We listen to you speak your story. We ask you a multitude of questions. Then we get to work writing. We come back to you with text and you make lots of corrective comments and we ask you a whole lot of new questions. Then, we go back to writing again.
Over time, your story develops into a memoir—one that you have shaped at every stage of the writing process.
We offer a free consult. Call today at 207-353-5454 to make an appointment.
To learn more about ghostwriting, click here.