Write From the Inside Out
We Don’t Just Teach How to Put Words Together… Although We Do That Really Well. What We Do Best Is Help You to Write From the Inside Out, to Write With Depth.
Since the fall of 1988, The Memoir Network has been the best memoir help available to help people to write meaningful memoirs. Not chronologies. Meaningful lifestories that portray lives with depth, fluency, and style.
We help you to write from the inside out. A new concept for you perhaps, but isn’t that how you lived your life—from the inside out? So why not learn to write from the inside out from the beginning of your writing process?
The Memoir Network founder Denis Ledoux and the team are immersed in memoir writing. They goal is simple: to provide the best memoir help available. Whether they coach, edit, or ghostwrite, or do book production, they deliver “just in time” writing help to get you going.
Our mission has never changed: We’ll help you create the kind of memoir you are dreaming of holding in your hands and giving to family, friends, and possibly the world—a meaningful, interesting memoir.
Your Free Write From the Inside Out Education
How did Denis know in 1988 that memoir writing would become so important? He didn’t—he just liked writing memoir and working with people who wanted to be writers of memoir. At first, people would say: “I may be crazy. I want to write my memoir.” But Denis and Martha Blowen, his partner in life and in business, knew that these people were not crazy. They knew these first-time memoir writers—and perhaps only-time book writers—were being impelled by a story-telling urgency that is as old as the impulse of our ancestors gathered around campfires.
Gradually, the people who approached Denis began to express it might be a normal activity to write a memoir—and The Memoir Network was there to show them how by providing the best memoir help abvailable.
1. A Unique Blog
Today, The Memoir Network is still there for you. We post informative articles every week about what’s best to do when you are writing a memoir—whether that is technical information like “how to plot a memoir” to “how to stay motivated” to “giving yourself a launch party.” And we’re not too humble to say we’ve got one of the best memoir writing sites and writing blogs you you’ll find anywhere on the web.
And this is why we do this…
- The Memoir Network is not about writing technique without meaning.
- The Memoir Network is not about beautiful writing without soul.
- The Memoir Network is not about writing a chronology without insight.
People want to read about the bigger picture of a life. You need to understand all the facets of effective memoir writing—from pre-writing tasks to writing vivid characters to polishing a last draft, and we cover the gamut, daily…for free. Why not begin, complement, and finish your memoir education with us—for free… and in the process learn to write from the inside out!
2. A Generous Free Membership
We offer more than an excellent blog. We also offer a free members area we call My Memoir Education. This basic member area extends the material you receive in the blog. You get ecourses, ebooks, MP3s and more. You can join today and combine what you learn from the blog with what you learn from My Memoir Education to begin to produce a unique memoir.
3. Extensive Tailored-For-You Services
In addition to the bog and My Memoir Education, we know that people sometimes need one-on-one mentoring. This is available to you via editing, coaching, ghostwriting, or book production. These additional services for those who want more than free materials offer you the best memoir help available anywhere at any price.
About Memoir Network Founder Denis Ledoux
The Memoir Network was founded in the fall of 1988 by Denis Ledoux. Denis has won awards for his writing: the 1989 Maine Fiction Competition and 1991 and 1996 Individual Writing Fellowships.
Over the years, we’ve been fortunate that people say a lot of nice things about The Memoir Network, about Memoir network products and about Denis:
- Time Magazine included Denis in a roundup article on memoir writing in April 1999. Read the quote on our home page.
- The Christian Science Monitor ran roundups and feature articles on Denis. Three times.
- His Turning Memories Into Memoirs was deemed by Booklist (American Library Association) as “very beneficial…helps writers get off to a great start.”
- Rhonda Kanning Anderson, co-founder of the once-premier scrapbooking company Creative Memories, said of his Photo Scribe: “The Photo Scribe has inspired me to a new level of photo-journaling. This practical step-by-stop guide can enable anyone to discover the depth of their memories.”
- Bottomline Publications acknowledged (in a feature article) Denis’s work as a memoir ghostwriter, editor and coach.
- The Cincinnati Post praised Turning Memories Into Memoirs / A Handbook for Writing Lifestories as: “…a step-by-step manual, lots of examples, a fine appendix and a detailed index, making it a useful reference over time.”
- Denis has been interviewed on a variety of radio stations in cities as far flung as Boston, Philadelphia, Chicago, Los Angeles, Seattle, Montréal. He has been interviewed by NPR affiliates as well as Radio Canada.